The tasks you have been set are designed to do two things:
- To give you a real flavour of what to expect in studying sixth-form courses in your chosen subjects.
- To give us an idea of your strengths and weaknesses (nobody's perfect!) so that we can can tailor your college experience from day one!
If you find the tasks here difficult please don't become anxious about it.
- Read the tasks carefully to make sure you understand them.
- Follow any instructions carefully. If the task says to write 500 words don't write 1000.
- Have a go at the tasks even if they seem "impossible".
- Make a note of what you find difficult and why - this will help us to help you
- Complete as much as you can: something is better than nothing.
- Rush the tasks just to get them done. Take your time, you might even enjoy them.
- Be tempted to get someone else to complete the tasks for you.
- Just copy and paste from the internet - this is never a good idea!
- Lose sleep ... panic ... become anxious. We're not trying to ruin your summer!
You don't have to complete these tasks before you enrol in August but you will have to complete them by early September.